Free Up RAM to Speed Up Computer Performance
This is so typical. You install a new program and suddenly your computer starts freezing up and becomes very slow. Your immediate reaction is that your computer got infected with a virus, so you check it with your antivirus and anti-spyware programs. But the scan doesn’t detect anything. So, what made your computer slow?
The answer is simple – you need to free RAM. Most likely, the software you’ve just installed is heavy on system resources, especially RAM (Random Access Memory). If you don’t have enough free memory, your computer will start using something called Virtual Memory. Real memory is very fast because all its components are electronic. But Virtual Memory is a lot slower. That’s because Virtual Memory is nothing but a file on your hard drive that is used when you run out of physical memory. As your hard drive is a lot slower than your RAM, your PC becomes slow. In addition to that, your hard drive keeps churning and making noises.
Luckily, it’s not too hard to free up RAM and make your PC faster. The best solution is to simply upgrade your computer and buy more RAM. The more RAM you have, the faster your computer will run. You can purchase RAM modules from a number of stores, including online retailers. Before purchasing RAM, read your motherboard manual and find out which type of RAM is compatible with your computer.
If buying RAM isn’t an option, you can speed up PC memory by removing some memory-hungry applications. For example, Google Chrome needs less memory than Mozilla Firefox and Foxy Reader needs less memory than Adobe Reader. The more RAM you manage to free up, the faster your computer will run.
Another way to free RAM is to defragment the registry. The Windows registry is kept in the RAM all the time, which means that registry bloat consumes valuable memory resources. Defragmenting the registry with a registry defragmenter will make it more compact and thus free up RAM.
These tips will help you speed up computer memory and get rid of the slow PC problem.
How to speed up a slow PC
- How to Speed Up a Slow Computer
- How to speed up a Virtual PC
- Free Up RAM to Speed Up Computer Performance
- How to Speed Up Windows Startup
- "Big Windows Freeze" - How to Fix PC Freezes
- Not Enough Disk Space - How to Fix the Low Disk Space Error
- How to Defrag Your Computer - 3 Simple Tips
- Using Chkdsk: How to Fix Hard Drive Errors
- How to Fix Registry Errors
Improve your PC for better performance
- Three Best Ways to Back Up Your Computer
- How to Increase Internet Speed
- How to eliminate or get rid of a virus
- How to find out what hardware driver is installed on your computer
- How to update your hardware drivers
- How to access a crashed hard drive
- How to install a hard drive in your computer
- How to Manage Disk Space